Associate Clinic Director - Retinal Consultants of Arizona
- Posted: 28 April 2022
- Mesa, AZ, USA
Gilbert, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Peoria, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Associate Clinic Director
Retinal Consultants of Arizona (RCA); (Based in Metro Phoenix, travel to all RCA locations)
As the Associate Clinic Director, you'll be responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating clinic and patient care services with Clinic Management team, within assigned territory, to ensure quality care and optimal clinical efficiency.
- Oversees the clinic line of service for efficiency and quality of patient encounters in assigned territory
- Responsible for the profitability of assigned territory. Reviews and analyzes financial performance and management information reports. Assists in developing a business plan for the territory in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Works directly with Providers to resolve conflicts, issues, or questions to provide the best quality outcomes.
- Approves all clinic new hires, transfers and salary increases for personnel
- Aids in the ongoing development of employee training programs to include creating written workflow
- Monitors clinic and surgery schedules within assigned territory; makes recommendations when a provider is underutilized
- Aids in setting goals for direct reports’ that are in alignment with the Company’s strategic goals
- Assists in analyzing the cost/benefit ratio and feasibility thereof in regards to special situations or opportunities for the territory, i.e. new acquisitions, new locations, new providers Responsible for planning and preparing territory activities.
- Trains, coaches and mentors direct reports; fosters development of strong relationships between direct reports and providers.
- Assists Clinic Managers with developing plans for community outreach, building and maintaining referring doctor relationships, and other efforts to increase growth
- Assists in finding resolution of problems and keeps line of communication open with staff and Managers to ensure high productivity
- Serves on Committees and assists with the development of procedures and policies
- Works with Nurse Director(s), Director of Optical, Director of Clinical Quality and Director of Clinical Compliance to ensure assigned territory abides by all regulatory guidelines and standards
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies
- Performs additional duties as reasonably assigned
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelors degree strongly preferred
- 5 years Healthcare Management required
- Recent Multi-Site Management Experience required
- Physician Relationship Experience required
- Certified Ophthalmic Executive (COE) of Corporate Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (CCOA) a plus
- Strong financial aptitude and computer skills
- Experience with a fully-integrated medical office software package is a plus
- Working knowledge of all aspects regarding optometric care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Proven ability to delegate and supervise a team
- Dedication to high quality patient care
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.