Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) - Per Diem/1099
- Posted: 24 September 2019
- Las Cruces, NM, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Southwestern Eye Center - Las Cruces
As a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), you'll be responsible for providing anesthesia care in the operating suite and pre-operative area. This position is Per Diem/1099.
- Function as a member of the operating room team.
- Provide information and emotional support to patients and their families.
- Formulate an appropriate and safe anesthetic care plan for each patient utilizing the history, physical, laboratory data, discussion with patient and any source of information that will aid in its development Provide anesthesia care utilizing one or more of the following techniques: peribulbar, retrobulbar, topical, local infiltration, intravenous sedation and/or analgesia.
- If appropriate, management of or assisting the physician and staff in the management of any
clinical emergency in the surgery suite or eye clinic.
- Participate in planning for peri-operative patient care with physicians and nursing staff.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of each patient’s anesthesia.
- Alert the person responsible for restocking anesthesia supplies when items are needed.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and an accredited school of anesthesia
- Must hold a current Registered Nurse license in the state of Arizona
- Must have current certification by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Must have current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Should have thorough knowledge of the techniques of administering ophthalmic anesthesia
- A minimum of one year experience and/or demonstrated skills in peri-orbital anesthesia
- Should have knowledge of intravenous sedation administration
- Should possess above average skills in communication, decision-making, diplomacy, confidentiality, initiative and ethics
- Must have no physical or psychological impairment that would limit their ability to administer safe anesthesia
- Attendance of the Ophthalmic Anesthesia Society annual meeting is encouraged
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.