Revenue Cycle A/R Manager - Phoenix Biltmore
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 10 January 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees.
American Vision Partners - Revenue Cycle Management
- Manages the day to day operations of the Revenue Cycle Management Department to maximize cash flow by managing all aspects of the revenue cycle while ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Monitors accounts receivable activity and initiates appropriate actions as needed.
- Analyzes month end reports to identify opportunities for process improvements with respect to claims denials and outstanding A/R.
- Identifies and implements processes to achieve key revenue cycle metrics including but not limited to Unbilled A/R, Denials as a Percent of Charges, Charge Lag, Cash Collections, Aging over 90 Days, and Days in AR.
- Resolve complex patient or physician issues when necessary. Act as a primary point of contact for clinical operations for day to day operational issues relating to RCM.
- Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of department staff. Ensures that department policies are fairly administered by overseeing corrective action process and completing performance reviews.
- Consistently reviewing billing work queues on a regular basis to ensure that workloads are evenly distributed and that department goals are being met.
- Oversees and analyzes self-pay account balances, financial assistance policy, and bad debt collection of accounts. Reviews financial hardship applications for approval in accordance with financial assistance policy.
- Communicate regularly with payers and know when and how to appropriately escalate issues for resolution.
- Communicates performance data and action plans to leadership.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of payer billing requirements and reimbursement policies.
- Conducts regular meetings with staff. Provides direction to staff on changes in reimbursement or payer guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of changes in billing regulations.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Works with sensitive information and must be able to exercise discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. BA/BS in Business Administration, Account, Finance or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum five years in a leadership role within a healthcare revenue cycle department.
- Previous supervisory experience with strong leadership skills and an ability to motivate others with a positive attitude.
- Experience working in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot table), Word and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict management.
- Well organized and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial payer guidelines.
- Working knowledge of cpt, hcpcs and diagnosis coding.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information and to prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HIPAA Rules & Regulations
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.