Certified Coder - Phoenix (Biltmore)
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 13 May 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) - Phoenix - Biltmore Office
As a Certified Coder, you'll be responsible for the assignment of ICD-10 diagnoses and CPT procedure codes for physician professional services and ASC charges.
- Abstracts medical record documents to determine appropriate CPT procedure(s) and ICD-10 diagnosis
- Reviews physician notes and charts for accuracy
- Ensures coded services, provider charges and medical record documentation meet appropriate guidelines or standards
- Carefully reviews and corrects any charges posted by clinic staff while ensuring all services are accounted for and billed
- Identifies and optimizes revenue opportunities
- Works closely with departments to optimize reimbursement, ensure charge capture, reduce late charges and provide feedback to providers
- Follows the established industry standard and CMS coding guidelines to ensure proper billing of charges - includes CPT-4 and ICD codes as well as modifiers
- Posts, produces and sends all charges for invoice vendors
- Adheres closely to the department’s charge reconciliation process
- Posts any related payments and/or adjustments for surgery charges posted
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement
- Performs all other assigned duties
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certified Processional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) required
- 5+ years medical billing or coding experience
- Experience in Ophthalmology is a plus
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer literacy, math skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.