Insurance A/R Specialist - Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 30 October 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Insurance A/R Specialist
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix-Biltmore
As an Insurance A/R Specialist, you'll collect payments for an assigned segment of the insurance accounts receivable and performs insurance follow up duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations. You'll also appeal claim denials as necessary and appropriate.
- Follows-up with insurance companies and ensures claims are paid/processed
- Services each account in priority of importance and independently billing accounts with understanding of all applicable insurance and/or CMS regulations
- Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response or are not on file, in a timely manner according to each insurance’s contracted filing limits
- Reviews and appeals unpaid and denied claims, includes analysis of coding that assures proper billing
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean claim
- Researches and prepares insurance credits for refund approval
- Maintains an error rate in accordance with departmental policy
- Performs all other assigned duties
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background desired
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrates computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients
- Professional customer service skills
- Has a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.