Assistant Controller - Tempe
Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 06 March 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Assistant Controller - Tempe
American Vision Partners
As an Assistant Controller, you will partner with the Controller to oversee the company’s finance and accounting functions including: month-end close, consolidations, and financial reporting. This role will train, lead, and develop a team of solid staff accountants.
- Manage the month-end close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, P&L analysis, and general ledger maintenance
- Lead the preparation and review of monthly financial reporting, including monthly management reporting and lender reporting packages
- Ability to operate in a fast-growing environment, including ongoing process improvement
- Supervise, lead, train and develop accounting team
- Assist in Cash forecasting and reporting
- Coach and mentor accounting team, including holding regular meetings every 2 weeks with direct reports
- Recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and other teams for accounting-related budget items during annual budget and periodic forecasting cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA Certification or working on CPA highly preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressive accounting and finance experience, minimum of 2 years as an Accounting Manager, or similar position
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience
- Public accounting experience with a large firm highly desired
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
- Demonstrated experience in managing a monthly close and reporting schedule
- Multi-company, inter-company transactions, and consolidations experience
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains (ERP) and Management Reporter highly desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required
- Intermediate/Expert Excel skills, required
- Strong managerial and analytical skills, required
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.