Surgery RN - Scottsdale (Bell Rd)
- Posted: 07 September 2022
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
American Vision Partners (AVP) - Scottsdale (Bell Rd); Travel to Metro West as needed.
As an Ophthalmology RN, your strong detail orientation and multi-tasking skills will be essential in our fast-paced, high-volume environment. You will provide a safe and efficient environment for all patients in our Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) during the perioperative phases and successfully perform the following responsibilities:
- Greets and admit patients to the pre-/post-operative area
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care using the nursing process and take into account individual patient needs
- Prepares operating suite for patients - monitor cleanliness, assemble supplies, instruments and sutures, check equipment for proper functioning
- Assesses patient’s condition on arrival in surgery and provide physical or emotional support as needed
- Assists Anesthesia Provider and Surgeon during procedures, maintaining constant awareness of the operative situation and a safe environment for patients and personnel
- Evaluates, observes, and treats patients under local anesthesia
- Maintains accurate and complete records of patients’ surgical experience
- Starts IVs, gives medications, and prepares drugs and solutions per physician protocols
- Prepares for and manages immediate postoperative care, including transporting patients to recovery room, communicating patient needs, and providing patient and family training
- Assists in orientation of new team members and cross-training of existing personnel
- Obtains patient history through interviews and evaluations, noting data in chart and sharing pertinent information with physician
- Associate’s degree required; BSN preferred
- Current Arizona RN License
- 1-year Ophthalmology experience as a Surgery RN is a plus
- BLS certification required
- ASC experience preferred
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This is a Safety Sensitive position
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.