FeaturedClinical Applications Analyst
- Posted: 05 December 2019
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Clinical Applications Analyst
American Vision Partners- Phoenix Admin
The Clinical Applications Analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. This individual understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Assesses and interprets business and user needs and requirements and translates specific portions of business requirements into system requirements, revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Documents the business impact of system issues.
- Manages project Risk, Assumptions, Issues, and Definition. Communicates statuses through closure.
- Assists in formulating and defining requirements, design, testing, implementation, training, and support through best practices, research and fact-finding
- Researches the impact of alternatives and assists in developing recommendations on business solutions to meet stated objectives and goals as they relate to scheduling, insurance authorization and integration technologies.
- Acts as liaison between systems development staff, management and system end-users.
- Manages the scope of a business solution to meet the goals of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of application and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Understanding of system development life cycle concepts
- Strong written and oral communication skills--essential that all deliverables are thorough and accurate.
- Ability to work effectively and interact with all levels of management including executive leadership.
- Customer-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Supports production and development activities at the site.
- Develops clear and concise ad-hoc reports utilizing the current analytical and reporting environment.
- Serves as a resource to others.
- AA, Technical School/Certification, or HS diploma with equivalent years of experience
- 1+ year experience with back-office workflow experience in a clinical setting using NextGen KBM 8,7+ workflow
- 1+ years of Healthcare Information Technology experience
- Strong understanding of current Ambulatory EPM and EHR technologies and the ability to learn technologies quickly.
- Problem solving skills: Adapt in response to new information, shifting priorities, changing conditions, or un-expected obstacles.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and integration skills: Ability to train and effectively communicate with customers including listening, asking relevant questions, giving appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Facilitation ability is a strong component of role: Manage meetings & Conflict resolution.
- Conceptual skills: Understanding how decisions impact projects and people.
- Works independently with only general direction and minimal supervision. Uses skills and abilities to complete complex tasks, including deciding which processes to use.
- Advocates for and positively represents other programs and services when working with customers and stakeholders.
- Show the ability to be self-managed, can manage own time and prioritize work to meet timeline.
- Demonstrate ability to reason logically and provide effective solution to complex problems. Make high quality decisions based on facts and business priorities.
- Delivers products and services when and where the customer needs them. Explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied.
- Ensuring that the work carried out by staff is aligned with the organization's mission. How their position contributes to the mission, goals and objectives of the organization.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.