Surgery Front Office Receptionist - Phoenix
- Posted: 04 May 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
Surgery Front Office Receptionist
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Phoenix; Travel to Mesa-Southern and Sun City-Del Webb as needed.
As our highly visible Patient Services Representative/Surgery Front Office Receptionist, you'll be our first impression, greeting each patient personally and gathering important information for their visit. Your initiative and organizational skills will keep us running at top performance, while your enthusiasm and compassion will provide an exceptional patient experience.
- Obtains complete chart from patient care counselor and provide to nurses
- Prepares patient for admission with correct personal information and head cover
- Prepares surgical chart for the surgery day; apply patient labels to chart forms
- Assembles medical records in established format for filing
- Informs manager of specific equipment supplies requested for pending surgery days
- Creates surgery schedule for the following day and make copies
- Arranges for pick-up of specimens by lab courier and note in specimen log book
- Works in close contact with A/R for accuracy of surgery log and correct errors as soon as possible
- Keeps dictation log and surgery log book up-to-date and accessible for personnel
- Notifies anesthesia team each day with location, cut time and name of surgeon operating
- Forwards surgery schedules as needed to surgeons and weekly schedules to insurance department
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior hospital or ophthalmology experience preferred
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.