Customer Resolution Specialist- Mesa Call Center
- Posted: 14 April 2021
- Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Customer Resolutions Specialist
American Vision Partners- Mesa Call Center (this is an on site position)
As a Customer Resolution Specialist, you'll be responsible for scheduling patients for urgent and emergent appointments while remaining calm, supportive, and empathetic.
- Schedules, coordinates, and reschedules patient Urgent and Emergent appointments in a timely manner.
- Works to complete all task, tasked from Contact Center by end of every day.
- Works closely with patients, clinics, and co-workers.
- Verifies necessary information in the medical record.
- Updates profiles on all patients.
- Maintains and updates current information on physician schedules, ensuring patients are scheduled properly.
- Provides assistance in the scheduling when short staffed.
- Screen calls for clinics, provides information to patients and clinics.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Following HIPAA guidelines.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Answers patient questions and provides information in a helpful manner.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality, following HIPAA guidelines.
- Utilizes all tools to verify insurances and continuous changes in this area.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers and patients.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, guidelines, and expectations set by the company and department.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Seeks clarification from Team Lead/Manager as needed.
- Performs special projects and all other duties as assigned by leadership/management.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of computers and phone systems.
- Experience with staff development, queue monitoring, and departmental adherence to all policies, procedures, guidelines, and expectations.
- Call center and healthcare experience is preferred but not required.
- Possess the ability to express self orally and in writing with clarity, tact, respect, and professionalism.
- In-office position.
- Computer and phone literate.
- Some weekend availability required.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to lead others by example, being hands on, and being actively involved in department success.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.