Ophthalmic Scribe - Scottsdale (Bell Rd.)
- Posted: 19 May 2020
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Southwestern Eye Center- Scottsdale Bell Rd. w/travel to Yuma, Maryvale, and Cottonwood.
- Scribes for the provider by coding and documenting the dictated information into the patient’s electronic medical record (EHR)
- Reviews patient visit details and preliminary work-up completed by Ophthalmic Technician to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to the provider exam
- Fills patient rooms as needed
- Reviews provider’s schedules to confirm patients are scheduled correctly
- Ensures the patient’s visit flows smoothly with the provider in the appropriate amount of time
- Generates medication prescriptions as directed from the provider through Erx
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Performs pretests including Goldmann Tonometry, extra-ocular muscle evaluation, confrontational visual fields, refractions, and lensometry as needed
- Communicates any clinic flow concerns with facilitator and management
- High School Diploma or GED required
- COA, COT preferred
- Ophthalmology experience is a plus
- General knowledge of clinical and surgical procedure requirements
- Strong computer skills
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday through Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.