Senior Clinical Application Developer- Phoenix
- Posted: 18 June 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Senior Applications Analyst
American Vision Partners- Phoenix Highland
As a Senior Applications Analyst, you'll be responsible for defining and development of EHR templates, documents and SQL programming solutions for clinical and surgical operations. Position is responsible for collaborating with internal teams and providers on the development and support of NextGen based EHR templates and related SQL code.
- Develop NextGen EHR templates and documents based on specifications and feedback from internal working teams.
- Create and maintain documentation for supported systems and enhancements.
- Participate in team meetings as needed.
- Perform complex analysis and troubleshooting in support of various EHR technical processes and SQL coding.
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing NextGen EHR templates and documents.
- Execute SQL Code updates, stored procedures, and review of code as needed.
- Test & review completed templates, documents, triggers, and code that is ready for production.
- Assist with preparations and testing before and after major upgrades and other changes to the environment.
- Identifies and communicates trends and/or potential issues to management team.
- Prioritize work to maximize turn-around time.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- Bachelor's degree or working experience equivalent
- NCP Certifications (NextGen Certified Professional)
- Minimum of 2 years NextGen development experience working with EHR Template Editor and Document Builder.
- Minimum of 2 years working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ and hold a strong working knowledge of how to create and modify stored procedures to support development and identify opportunities.
- NextGen application version 5.9+, KBM version 8.3.7+ preferred
- 1 year working with the Ophthalmology specialty preferred
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ preferred
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.