Scheduling Coordinator - Tempe
- Posted: 08 December 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners - Tempe Corporate Office
As a Scheduling Coordinator, you'll be responsible for the provider scheduling template and staff and flight scheduling for all clinic and ASC locations. You'll regularly update the schedules and complete any changes in NextGen.
- Create, build, & maintain all schedules in NextGen Practice Management.
- Active participant in Clinic Planning Committee, Surgery Planning Committee, Integration Management & New Provider Onboarding Committee
- Works closely with the management teams to identify coverage options in clinic and surgery for all brands
- Assist Operations with reporting as required.
- Assist Surgical Operations with reporting as required.
- Maintain accurate Master schedules for all brands
- Assist Anesthesia department as required
- Update AVP Homepage Calendars
- Update AVP Provider Scheduled Time-Off Calendars
- Consult with assigned personnel for After Hours Call; maintain Call information required
- Backup scheduling support for each brand
- Cross train in all procedures
- Scheduling and coordinating required flights and associated rental cars for Providers including processing associated Invoices, and/or Preferred Rental Car applications.
- Process, record, and track Provider PTO
- Create and maintain Scheduling Admin SOPs
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers and outside vendors.
- Performs any and all duties as reasonably assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in Provider Scheduling
- Detail oriented, reliable, and able to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft products
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to work as a team player
- Dedicated to high quality patient care
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.