FeaturedSystems Engineer- Phoenix
- Posted: 13 April 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners- remote with travel across all brands as needed
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to build out, maintain, and troubleshoot AVP’s IT infrastructure. Serve as part of a team of engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competence, reliability in delivering mission-critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. Qualified applicants will have a strong background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Ability to manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Oversight of infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ability to see potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility
- Monitor and test performance of applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions
- Ability to work with developers to implement those fixes
- Continual maintenance of security, including backup and redundancy strategies
- Competency in writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower downtime due to required human intervention
- Desire to work alongside the team to help design information and operational support systems
- Consistently and successfully provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Excellence in communication as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues
- May be assigned additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of experience as an IT systems professional, with at least 2 years as a Systems Administrator/Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and supporting complex systems infrastructures
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies, Windows Server 2019 and below, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange 2016 and below
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2017 and below
- Advanced knowledge of server maintenance, release management, and change control processes
- Advanced knowledge of virtualization and containerization (Citrix Xen platform, VMware Horizon, ESXi)
- Intermediate knowledge of systems availability, backup, and disaster recovery disciplines
- Exposure to SAN design, implementation and support
- Solid LAN/WAN skills (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.