Instrument Technician- Flagstaff
- Posted: 22 February 2021
- Flagstaff, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center- Flagstaff
As a Instrument Technician, you will be responsible for cleaning, organizing, wrapping and sterilizing instrumentation, assuring all instrumentation and equipment is maintained in an optimal manner.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment/instruments to supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and orderly central processing area (e.g., shelves, counters, equipment).
- Adheres to sterilization process policies and procedures.
- Cleans, wraps, maintains and sterilizes each item according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Inspects instruments for damage and defects; lubricates items as required.
- Determines whether each item is in good working condition.
- Sorts and arranges items into proper trays according to established policy/procedure.
- Wraps trays and individual items according to established policy/procedure.
- Accurately labels each item with name and date.
- Correctly operates sterilizers, ultrasonic washer, and other processing equipment (i.e., positions items correctly in sterilizer, selects proper cycle, seeks assistance when needed)
- Checks equipment indicators for proper functioning
- Performs required biological/chemical monitoring tests on all sterilizers and maintains logs according to established policy/procedure
- Maintains all logs in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintains inventory levels and accurate records
- Performs weekly inspections of all sterile items in facility
- Checks for outdated items and package integrity of wrapped sterilized items; replaces items as necessary
- Places items in correct location
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies for the sterile processing area
- Maintains/updates the instrument tray inventory list
- Accurately documents count of instruments loaned/returned to outside sources
- Cleans autoclave in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Assists with operating room turnovers and close of day activities.
- Assists co-workers with daily preparation for next day’s surgery schedule.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two years experience with surgical instruments and sterilization techniques preferred.
- ASC experience preferred.
- CPR certification.
- Knowledge in fundamentals of microbiology, sterilization procedures, aseptic technique and maintenance/care of equipment.
- Dedication to patient satisfaction.
- Ophthalmology experience preferred.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.