Part-Time Remote Scheduling Specialist - (Training in Mesa)
- Posted: 16 February 2021
- Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Scheduling Specialist - Barnet Dulaney Perkins & Southwestern Eye Center
Call Center - Training in Mesa (University/Lindsay Rd.) for 4-6 weeks
Part-Time; 10 hours on Mondays, fill in Tue - Fri as needed, and occasional Saturdays if needed
As a Scheduling Specialist, you’ll be the first touch with our patients and create memorable experiences for all of our patients, providers, and team members. A “patient first approach” is key to success and our Scheduling Specialists play a key role in effectively and compassionately guiding patients and scheduling appointments.
- In a call center environment, display the ability to service patient needs while actively accepting inbound calls with a focus on customer service
- Use professional communication etiquette, while servicing patient needs based on appointment availability and nearest location.
- Minimum goal achievement based on monthly review of various metrics and expected requirements.
- Works with internal partners and clinics on a timely basis to help support and coordinate the needs of our patients.
- Focused and open to learning new skills to take on various roles based on business need
The ideal Candidate will have the following experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to navigate custom computer software and internal systems - NextGen experience a plus!
- Experience in Medical Office including Insurance Knowledge highly desirable
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to show empathy and active listening skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred but not required
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.