Patient Care Counselor Assistant - Sun City/Phoenix
- Posted: 20 March 2020
- Sun City, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
As the Patient Care Counselor Assistant, you'll primarily assist the Counselors with various clerical tasks, answers incoming refractive calls, and assists with patient scheduling.
American Vision Partners- Sun City/Phoenix travel role
- Assist with incoming/outgoing phone calls
- Appointment scheduling and confirmation
- Performs all insurance and benefits verifications and pre-authorizations
- Check-in surgery charts and send charts out that are requested from other locations
- Collecting payments
- Request all medical clearances and make sure they are complete prior to surgery
- Finalize surgery check list per patient surgery chart to make sure all required paperwork is in order
- Various clerical assistance to Counselors
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one-year medical experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions within established protocols and with minimal supervision
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods. Work activity also requires walking, bending, reaching and lifting
- Familiarity with general office equipment
- Ability to travel to Goodyear, Sun City, and Surprise as needed - mileage is a paid benefit!
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k) and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.