Travel Technician Team Lead- Anterior Segment
- Posted: 08 June 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Travel Team Lead- Anterior Segment
The Team Lead will oversee and manage all clinical technician staff. They will oversee and supervise all patient care processes and ensure all patient testing is appropriately scheduled, performed and documented. This position will travel throughout the valley- mileage and travel time are paid benefits!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Certified COA or COT preferred.
- Experience in supervision of clinical operations.
- Working knowledge of all aspects regarding ophthalmic care.
- Demonstrated skills in motivating and training professional staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Proven ability to work well in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Personable; empathetic with patient’s needs and concerns.
- Well- organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Scribes for the provider by entering the dictated information into the electronic health record or paper chart.
- Fills patient rooms, walks patients to/from exam room when time allows.
- Reviews chief complaint and preliminary work up completed by the technician to identify anything not making sense or overlooked. Corrects any issues prior to the provider entering the room.
- Able to perform pretest including Goldmann Tonometry, extra-ocular muscle evaluation, confrontational visual fields, refractions, and lensometry including aseptic technique for minor procedure set up.
- Ensures that the visit flows smoothly with the provider and does not take longer than the allotted time.
- Knowledgeable in the electronic billing process within EHR.
- Responsible to generate medication prescriptions through Erx.
- Knowledgeable in coding and documentation and ensures all pertinent fields are complete in EHR per the provider’s examination findings and assessment and plan.
- Responsible for checking schedule for provider to ensure patients are scheduled correctly.
- Communicates any clinic flow concerns with the facilitator and management in a timely manner.
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies.
- Participates in on-going training and continuing education.
- Able to educate patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent patients for procedures and surgery.
- Understands and adheres to all meaningful use measures.
- Responsible to generate letters for referring providers, e-faxing and monitoring fax status.
- Responsible to monitor and complete incoming tasks in a timely manner.
- Knows, understands and follows the professional, teamwork, and customer service standards.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers and patients.
- Performs any and all additional duties as assigned.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.