FeaturedGroup Clinic Manager- East Valley
- Posted: 09 October 2019
- Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Group Clinic Manager- East Valley
Southwestern Eye Center - Mesa Gilbert and Mesa Main
As a Group Clinic Manager, you’ll be responsible for two or more clinic’s profitability, planning, organizing and coordinating patient care to ensure quality care and daily operational functions are met.
- Responsible for the profitability and budget accountability of assigned clinic locations. Review and analyzes monthly management information reports.
- Responsible to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the providers.
- Responsible for hiring, counseling, training and recommending salary increases for clinic personnel as well as aids in the development of employee goals that are in alignment with the Company’s strategic goals.
- Oversees the completion of daily tasks for assigned clinics ensuring appropriate workload assignments.
- Monitors clinic and surgery schedules within assigned locations. Makes recommendations when a provider is underutilized.
- Reviews and approves clinic employee time cards and time off requests.
- Responsible to monitor facility cleanliness and appearance along with appropriate equipment usage.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Monitors the morale of the clinic and takes appropriate action when necessary to ensure a positive and effective environment.
- Trains, coaches and mentors employees for ongoing development.
- Fosters development of strong relationships between employees and providers.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of community outreach, building and maintaining relationships with referring doctor’s and other efforts to increase growth.
- Assists in finding resolution to problems and keeps an open line of communication with all staff to ensure high productivity.
- Works with other managers in identifying and finding a solution for staffing overages/shortages.
- Serves on Committees and assists with the development of procedures and policies as assigned.
- Works with Nurse Director, Director of Clinic Quality and Director of Clinic Compliance to ensure location abides by all regulatory guidelines and standards.
- Majority of time spent performing Managerial functions and duties within the clinic locations.
- Completes all end of day tasks and reports.
- Knows and adheres to MIPS reporting requirements.
- Encourages a team-oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies.
- Participates in on-going training and continuing education.
- Knows, understands and follows the professional, teamwork, and customer service standards.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers, patients and visitors.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 1 year of management experience
- 1-year of experience in Ophthalmology preferred
Ability to express himself/herself orally and in writing with clarity and tact.
Ability to delegate and supervise successfully. Ability to work as a team player
Management of multiple projects simultaneously. Competency in problem solving and decision-making. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Dedication to high quality patient care.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.