Premium Surgery Counselor Assistant - Mesa
- Posted: 04 November 2019
- Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Premium Surgery Counselor Assistant
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center- Mesa (Southern)
As a Premium Surgery Counselor Assistant, you’ll be the right hand to our Premium Surgery Counselors by assisting with a variety of tasks from clerical and telephonic to working with our amazing patients.
- Print Surgical Packets for Yags, Cataract Surgery, and Oculoplastics (if help is requested).
- Re-label charts if patient is rescheduled
- Work closely with other departments. Check-in surgery charts and send charts out that are requested from other locations
- Print chart pull report and gather charts for H & P and Ascans, Pre-Op and Surgery Charts (2-3 days prior to sx)
- Request all medical clearances and make sure they are complete prior to surgery
- Assist with scheduling Yag lasers
- Obtain all insurance verification forms from Insurance Verification Department and file accordingly into surgery chart, also obtain for 2nd eyes
- Finalize surgery check list per patient surgery chart to make sure all required paperwork is in order
- Will assist in obtaining necessary information from patients to complete paperwork
- As needed, will assist with collection of money for upcoming surgeries. Print chart pull report to verify what patients have not made payment and attempt to collect prior to charts going to surgery department.
- Assists with Telephone Calls that come in through the PCC task inbox
- Verifies insurance verification form once benefits are available regarding
- If Insurance verification information has not been received back in time from insurance verification department, you will notify department and resend.
- Obtains paperwork regarding referrals as necessary
- Medical Record Reviews
High School Diploma or GED required
At least one-year experience working in a medical office
Experience in ophthalmology or optometry a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.