BI Analyst (FP&A)
Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 25 August 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
BI Analyst (FP&A)
Tempe Admin Office
As a BI Analyst- Financial Planning and Analysis, you will use data to catch the pulse of current market trends to better assist our company with profits. You will work with data from multiple sources including the company database, web database, data from other companies, etc. You will then collect the data and use it to create a picture of the current market and the best path for a company to take in the future.
- Use SQL to develop queries to analyze big datasets, validate their quality and visualize outcomes
- Work across various business departments to define and document business and technical requirements for data analysis and dashboards
- Develop and maintain databases, data sets, and data processes to help drive business intelligence
- Utilize financial and operational modeling to drive strategy business decisions
- Present analytical findings and recommendations to operational leaders and senior leadership
- Actively work to understand and refine existing processes to develop new analytics views
- All Other Duties as assigned
- BA/BS or HS and equivalent work history required.
- 4+ year in a similar role
- 2+ years developing and writing SQL queries
- Multi site experience required. Healthcare Experience highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of relational database foundations- creating, structuring, maintaining, and updating databases.
- Proven experience in strategic analytics and modeling
- Proven experience in leveraging big data
- Ability to uncover operational and data trends.
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, data warehousing (Sequel), data mining, business intelligence (Power BI), and other financial systems (Microsoft Great Plains)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high pressure, and rapidly changing environment
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.