FeaturedNursing Director- Southern Arizona
- Posted: 14 August 2020
- Tucson, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
As the Director of Nursing, you'll be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all activities of the assigned facilities within the assigned territory according to the affiliates of American Vision Partners policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives.
- Performs in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures
- Follows the facility’s standards for ethical business conduct
- Conducts self as a positive role model and team member
- Recognizes patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties
- Respects patients’ rights to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality
- Supports AVP ideology and is committed to promoting fiscally and clinically sound surgery centers
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, staff, physicians, and co-workers
Interacts with others in a positive, respectful, and considerate manner
- Promotes effective communication among the surgery centers, clinics, business office, and administrative offices
- Ensures regular communication with the Clinic Directors to provide a cohesive leadership team
- Promotes cost containment and efficient use of facility resources
- Analyzes work areas and makes recommendations for potential cost-effective improvements
- Processes & monitors payroll for accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with state and federal regulations
- Coordinates purchasing of equipment/supplies to provide optimum patient care within budgeted allowances
- Labor management and productivity is a primary focus
- Efficient in reviewing monthly financials for trends, variances, & opportunities for improvement
- Maintains territory facilities in alignment with the budget
- Contributes to the progress and development of the organization’s adopted compliance program
- Performs according to established compliance policies and procedures
- Coordinates with the Compliance Officer & Director in implementing and maintaining compliance program
Quality Assessment Performance Improvement Program:
- Contributes to the progress and development of the organization's adopted QAPI program
- Performs according to established QAPI policies and procedures
- Coordinates activities with the Director of Quality to promote staff involvement in the program
- Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes objectively to identify ways to improve patient care and performance standards
Safety Risk Management Program:
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities
- Works to resolve observed or suspected safety violations, hazards, and policy and procedure noncompliance
- Serves as internal risk manager and oversees the safety and risk-management program, ensuring a safe environment for patients, medical staff, visitors, and facility employees
- Responds to emergency situations with competence and composure
- Verifies that OSHA requirements are met and that documentation is current
- Implements and manages emergency preparedness plan
- Ensures that fire/disaster drills are conducted according to state and accrediting-body guidelines and are documented in a timely manner
- Participates in continuing education and other learning experiences
Shares knowledge gained in continuing education with staff
- Implements approved personnel policies according to applicable state and federal laws
- Completes or oversees evaluation process for all employees
- Oversees and contributes to the employees’ orientation and mandatory education program
- Directs in-service education programs with regard to purpose, content, and need; ensures staff attendance
- Maintains confidential personnel files according to state and federal guidelines
- Maintains open lines of communication with the VP of People Services and the People Services Department
- Remains current on all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations, and professional and accrediting-body standards
- Submits required reports on a timely basis
- Interprets, and implements policies, procedures, regulations, programs, and recommended practices to meet requirements of regulatory and accrediting organizations
- Reviews policies/procedures to ensure continued compliance with state, federal, and accrediting-body rules, regulations, and standards
- Participates in committees, meetings, in-services, and activities
- Recommends short- and long-term goals for the facilities to the EVP and leadership team
- Recommends action plan for attaining goals approved by the Executive leadership team
- Maintains facility and equipment to ensure cleanliness, sterility, and operational ability at all times
- Monitors the environment of care, including temperature, cleanliness, sterility, operational ability, ventilation, lighting, etc.
- Evaluates need for new/different items relative to competitive trends and needs of the community and facilities
- Coordinates facility’s arrangements with contracted service providers (e.g., pathology, housekeeping) with VP of Facilities
- Works closely with the Office Managers, Clinic Directors, & AVP leaders to ensure a successful ongoing operation
- Encourage a team oriented environment supporting the AVP Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- BSN preferred, RN required.
- Registered Nurse with current Arizona license; qualifications for additional state nursing licenses as job needs dictate.
- Minimum 3 years management experience preferred.
- Ability to express himself/herself orally and in writing with clarity and tact.
- Ability to delegate and supervise successfully.
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer literate.
- Competency in problem solving and decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Dedication to high quality patient care.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.