Quality Management Coordinator - Tempe
- Posted: 06 January 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners - Corporate Office in Tempe, AZ supporting all company brands
As an Quality Management Coordinator you will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Quality & Regulatory Compliance Department of American Vision Partners (AVP).
- Assists in the integration of the principles and values of continuous Quality Improvement (QI) throughout the organization including all departments.
- Gathers records, reports, correspondence or other specific information pertaining to QI needs.
- Utilizes the computer to create and maintain database for QI and use in tracking and trending purposes.
- Participates in QI research, data collection, analysis and documentation of findings, including compiling statistical data.
- Assists in evaluating data interpretation and other analytical tools to use for analysis and presentation findings.
- Communicates QI findings to the Director of Quality and helps in presentation of findings as requested.
- Handles and maintains strictest confidentiality concerning medical records, monitor forms, policies, and other data.
- Prepares, collates, and distributes various reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in data analysis and trending of incident reports, complication monitors and variance monitors.
- Assists QI department with quarterly QI reports.
- Assists QI department with patient satisfaction surveys as well as patient complaints/comments and reports appropriate issues to the Risk Committee.
- Assists with internal and external benchmarking studies in response to needs identified through data gathering/analysis.
- Assists in the development, preparation, and approval of QI forms needed throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Supports and facilitates a positive approach to change among team members.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to patients and employees.
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies.
- Participates in on-going training and continuing education.
- Works with patients and managers to resolve escalated patient concerns and grievances.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers, patients, and visitors.
- Performs any and all duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years of Healthcare experience preferred
- Experience working with a medical records system preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience within ophthalmology preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Excellent clerical and/or administrative skills.
- Ability to present a professional image of the department to consumers, the public, staff, and Board at all times.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly self-motivated, flexible, and directed with the ability to also work cooperatively with others as a productive team member.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with a high standard of positive interaction with all team members, clinic employees, clients, and members of the community.
- Ability to support a work team by demonstrating a positive attitude, openness to change, willingness to help, and respect for others and their ideas.
- Ability to maintain a positive, solution-focused demeanor when responding to conflicts or problems.
- General computer proficiency, including accurate typing, 10-key, and word processing skills with the ability to utilize an electronic health record system.
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by