FeaturedAccounts Payable Lead- Tempe
Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 09 October 2019
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Accounts Payable Lead
American Vision Partners- Tempe
As our Accounts Payable Lead, you'll be responsible to oversee the timely and accurate processing and payment of Accounts Payable. You will also be responsible for full cycle payable processing which includes processing, verifying, and reconciling transactions
Accounts Payable On a Needed Basis:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals prior to payment
- Process all types of invoices, including 3-way PO matching and entering into the accounting system.
- Work with purchasing and other departments to obtain proper documentation for invoice processing
- Calculates use tax when appropriate
- Scans check copies and invoices into Paper Vision
- Oversee the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable within a designated timeframe
- Assist in the preparation of weekly payment runs and review of AP aging.
- Process patient refund requests
- Ensure all rents and re-occurring invoices are posted and paid monthly or as designated
- Complete vendor set-up and assist with 1099’s at the end of the year.
- Maintain Accounts Payable email box
- Review AP Specialist invoices batches and post in ERP system
- Respond to vendor inquiries. Regular review and reconciliation of vendor accounts
- Obtain all signatures for checks, and distribute checks accordingly.
- Participates in education as necessary
- Assist in developing and improving accounts payable processes
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of information
- Be the lead person to transition AP from the acquired companies to our system
- Be the lead for insurance claim completions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Courses or experience in accounting/bookkeeping preferred
- 4+ years in Accounts Payable
- High volume Accounts Payable Environment
- Thorough understanding of three-way matching
- Great Plains experience a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical, and reconciliation ability
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Ability to work with vendors and all levels of staff promptly and professionally
- Capacity to exercise solid judgment; make logical and rational decisions; demonstrates “common sense",
- Capable of multitasking and ability to adapt to and operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Aptitude to gather facts and analyze problems
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.