Director, People Services
- Posted: 10 August 2022
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Director, People Services
Tempe Corporate Location
American Vision Partners (AVP) is looking for a high energy, high impact Director, People Services with a passion for supporting the growth and success of the business and our people. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, this position is a strategic people leader responsible for providing cohesive leadership across the Corporate Recruiting & Onboarding, People Relations and Leadership & Development functions on the People Services team. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive HR leadership background with expertise in full-cycle talent acquisition, new hire onboarding, employee relations, strategic talent practices and employee development.
As one of the largest and fastest growing private-equity backed eye care practices in the country, AVP is on a mission to change lives by improving and preserving sight. If you have progressive HR experience with a great attitude and a heart for people, then is the perfect opportunity for you to be a true difference maker at AVP to our people and the patients we serve.
- Provide direct leadership for the Corporate Recruiting & Onboarding, People Relations and Learning & Development teams to ensure strategic alignment and interoperability.
- Develop and implement strategic talent practices (goal management, performance development, future leader readiness, employee engagement & voice, rewards & recognition) that support employee growth and retention.
- Establish progressive recruiting, onboarding and development programs to attract, hire, engage, grow and retain exceptional talent in a competitive market.
- Drive company-wide efforts and initiatives that enhance the AVP employee experience and employment brand.
- Partner with Business Development and People Services leaders to support M&A due diligence and integration of new partner practices.
- Design and execute a scalable People Relations support model to support all AVP geographies, which currently include the Southwest (AZ, CA, NM, NV, TX).
- Create compliant workplace policies and practices that support a high growth culture and improve the operational effectiveness of the business.
- Serve as a trusted business partner to the executive team and field leadership across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field; MBA appreciated
- 10+ years of Human Resources leadership experience with direct people management
- Expertise in recruiting, employee relations and learning & development
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% and be a regular presence among AVP offices
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.