Clinical Research Photographer - BDP Mesa (Travel)
- Posted: 09 May 2022
- Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Clinical Research Photographer
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Mesa; Travel to AVP Research Locations as needed.
As a Clinical Research Photographer, you’ll be responsible for daily patient care and clinical flow. You will be responsible for accurately photographing fluorescein angiograms, ICG, fundus photos and OCT’s.
- Promptly and professionally assisting the doctor in patient care.
- Performing technical workups, patient interviews and special testing.
- Communicating with patients regarding follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.
- Maintaining and cleaning all equipment being used. Report to manager if not in working condition.
- Attending required meetings.
- Efficiently and accurately interviews patients prior to photography testing to ensure awareness of any health or allergy restrictions.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms and ocular meds.
- Has a working understanding and accurately preforms the following B-Scans, fundus photos, fluorescein angiography, ICG, FAF and OCT’s.
- Utilizes proper eye drop technique and sterility.
- Utilizes proper universal precaution procedures.
- Understands and follows procedures for procedural consents.
- Displays consistent professionalism.
- Is energetic and empathetic with patients.
- Consistently display positive rapport with fellow employees.
- Cooperates with supervisory staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment.
- Takes pride and ownership in success and image of AVP.
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals.
- Conforms to all AVP policies and procedures including punctuality, attendance and dress codes
- Be sure that all equipment is clean and is in working order.
- Ensure there is sufficient fluorescein dye, and medical supplies for fluorescein angiograms.
- Secure the following information before filming: Are they in stereo? What is the pathology to be photographed? Determine Study Eye
- Maintain research photography protocol binders and resources.
- Photograph subjects as per the study protocol.
- Upload all research photos as per the study protocol and answer any queries that may arise.
- Complete GCP certification prior to working on any research protocols.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience or training within field
- Good understanding of ophthalmic practice and patient care
- Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and usage needed
- Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment required
- Ability to communicate with patients, co-workers and supervisor is critical
- Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the need for efficient use of time
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Type minimum 25 WPM
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.