Group Clinic Manager- Safford/Wilcox
- Posted: 23 April 2021
- Safford, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Group Clinic Manager
Safford and Willcox
As the Group Clinic Manager, you'll oversee the day-to-day operational functions for your clinics, ensuring that office policies, procedures, and plans are executed in a smooth and expeditious manner. You'll provide leadership, guidance, and expertise to all staff members as well as effectively communicating departmental activities to the team. The Clinic Manager is responsible for establishing a high performance team that is efficient, knowledgeable, service oriented, and shares responsibility for attaining the goals of the practice.
- Oversees the completion of daily tasks ensuring appropriate workload assignments
- Reviews and approves clinic employee time cards and time off requests
- Trains, coaches and mentors employees for ongoing development
- Interviews, hires, and recommends salary increases for clinic personnel as well as aids in the development of employee goals that are in alignment with the Company’s strategic goals
- Responsible for the profitability and budget development of assigned clinic location. Reviews and analyzes monthly management information reports.
- Monitors clinic and surgery schedules within assigned location
- Fosters development of strong relationships between employees and providers
- Responsible for the ongoing development of community outreach, building and maintaining relationships with referring doctor’s and other efforts to increase growth
- Assists in finding resolution to problems and keeps an open line of communication with all staff to ensure high productivity
- Works with other managers in identifying and finding a solution for staffing overages/shortages
- Completes all end of day tasks and reports
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies
- Performs additional duties as reasonably assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual is a huge plus!
- Bachelor of Science degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing a medical practice required
- 5+ years medical practice management experience preferred
- Strong financial aptitude and computer skills
- Working knowledge of all aspects regarding optometric care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable; empathetic with patient's needs and concerns
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and supervise a team
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.