Clinical Research Coordinator - Phoenix & Sun City
- Posted: 13 August 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Clinical Research Coordinator
Barnet Dulaney Perkins- Phoenix & travel to Sun City; ; Travel to other AVP locations
As a Clinical Research Coordinator, you’ll oversee and facilitate the clinical research activities. This position will work out of the North Phoenix office location with occasional travel to other RCA metro valley locations.
- Coordinates protocol related research procedures, study visits, and follow-up care
- Screens, recruits, and enrolls patients/research participants
- Schedules patient/research participants visits and procedures
- Independently completes the informed consent process of study subjects
- Educates research participants and family on protocol, study intervention, study drug/device, etc.
- Conducts vital signs
- Collects, processes, and ships laboratory specimens
- Administers questionnaires
- Supports the safety of clinical research procedures, study visits, and follow-up care
- Submits documents to regulatory authorities (IRB, FDA, etc.) and/or review/monitoring boards
- Facilitates study close out activities
- Retains records and archives documents after conclusion of study
- Completes case report forms and address queries
- Develops and maintains source documents
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or an allied health professional degree or equivalent
- At least 1 year clinical research experience to include consenting patients
- Basic understanding of regulatory binders highly preferred
- Ability to adhere to Good Clinical Practices, FDA, HIPPA, IRB regulation, and principal of research design
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable; empathetic with subject's needs and concerns
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
- Occasional travel to other RCA location in Metro Valley.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.