Revenue Cycle Patient Team Supervisor- Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 10 September 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
We are looking for a Revenue Cycle Patient Team Supervisor to join our growing team! The Revenue Cycle Patient Team Supervisor supervises the team that is responsible for collecting payments for outstanding patient accounts receivable while ensuring that collection duties are performed in accordance with established federal and state regulations. The RCP Supervisor supervises the team that is responsible for answering inbound patient phone calls and assisting with patient account questions.
- Oversees and sometimes performs the daily job duties of subordinate positions when needed.
- Reviews and approves requests from the patient team for Bed Debt, Adjustments and Refunds
- Maintains positive leadership and gives frequent performance feedback, and encourages two-way participation and ideas.
- Coaches established employees when needs are identified, holding employees accountable for results through coaching and development of action plans.
- Performs monthly billing audits to ensure timely and accurate payment of patient balances and patient A/R follow up activities.
- Supervises the team that follows-up with patients and ensures outstanding balances are paid.
- Supervises the team that makes calls to and takes calls from patients, discussing their account in detail.
- Supervises the team that ensures that patient statements are sent with accurate information on a daily basis.
- Supervises the team that works accounts for external collection action, after all other avenues of internal collection action has been exhausted.
- Supervises the team that takes payments over the phone from patients as well as makes payment arrangements if needed.
- Supervises the team that researches and prepares patient credits for refund approval.
- Supervises the team that processes bankruptcy notices according to company policy.
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators and data for department, and provide reporting and action plans for improvement.
- Participates in the review process for each Insurance AR Team member
- Participates in the process of hiring members of the Insurance AR Team.
- Produces productivity and error reports for the department assistant manager.
- Prioritize work to for the team to maximize turn-around time.
- Supervises the team that makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement.
- Supervises the team to ensure meet or exceed productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Supervises the team to ensure maintenance of an error rate in accordance with departmental policy.
- Supervises the team that answers and responds to external and internal phone calls in a timely manner.
- Check and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years medical billing experience, focus on patient collections
- Ophthalmology background desired
- 2 years in a leadership role preferred
- Supervisor and leadership experience.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong background and experience in Revenue Cycle Management.
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.