Network Engineer- Phoenix
- Posted: 28 September 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners- remote with travel across all brands as needed
As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible to ensure the stability and integrity of AVP’s physical and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, support system and telephony engineers, and provide end user training where required.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network systems including routers, switches, access points, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Procuring network equipment and managing vendors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing, and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and tuning
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Investigating faults in the network
- Maintaining network equipment at the latest stable firmware releases
- May be assigned additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field or equivalent experience
- Cisco or Palo Alto certification strongly preferred
- 5+ years network experience preferred
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Expert knowledge of core routing and switching design principles, best practices, and related technologies
- Experience in implementing and managing voice (VoIP) networks desired
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, remote access, DNS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, QoS, MPLS, and Metro Ethernet
- Five to Seven (5-7) years experience designing, implementing, managing and supporting enterprise level IP networks that include support of a heterogeneous distributed desktop computing environment required
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience
- Extensive application support experience with network monitoring and analysis software
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.