Director of Premium Services
- Posted: 17 August 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners
Tempe Admin Office (Travel to all AVP locations as needed)
The Premium Services Director is a resource to all Premium Services Counselors, Surgery Counselors, Premium Service Team Leads, and Leadership. Responsible for directing the Counselor department and making sure they are successful by streamlining and standardizing processes and policy. Drive the use of advanced technology throughout the AVP platform. Daily communication with the Premium and Specialty Counseling Managers regarding the team’s status and making sure any issues or concerns are being addressed with the appropriate Manager. Growth of future technology. Integration of new acquisitions and surgeons. As a director, this function is considered a position of leadership and requires professional appearance and conduct.
- Manage budgetary responsibilities within his/her role
- Mentor and coach others to improve performance and enhance skills
- Maintaining open communication with direct team members and Team Leads. Assist in streamlining processes and training. Any recommendations for changes of processes and policy will be submitted to the Vice President of Surgical Operations
- Work with Premium Services Training Manager (PSTM) to develop content & collateral for educating patients
- Assist the training team with updates to the Surgery Counselor Training Manual with respect to processes, workflows, and policies
- Weekly review of Advanced Technology conversions with Premium Managers
- Work with Team Leads to assist those employees or locations falling below assigned goals
- Work closely with FP&A team on reports and metrics tracking
- Mentoring, coaching and developing team members which includes building morale and creating a positive environment
- Interact positively with physicians, staff and patients using excellent interpersonal skills
- Function calmly and efficiently in stressful situations
- Demonstrate initiative and work independently as needed
- Encourage a team-oriented environment supporting the AVP Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Participate in on-going training and continuing education
- Show respect and deal appropriately with co-workers, patients, and visitors
- Perform any and all duties assigned
- Ophthalmology management experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Nextgen EHR/EPM system
- Previous supervisory and/or leadership experience preferred
- 1-2 years working in a Surgery Counselor Position, preferably in Premium Services.
- Adhere to Good Clinical Practices
- Ability to make decisions within established protocols and with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Organizational and analytical skills with attention-to-detail.
- Excellent customer service attitude/behavior
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to travel to all locations.
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong self-motivation skills and ability to be a “self-starter,” coupled with the capability to work as a team player, as well as independently, while simultaneously managing a variety of clinical teams
- Ability to meet and satisfy flexible, dynamic work schedules
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.