Senior Accountant - Tempe
Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 31 December 2019
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Senior Staff Accountant
American Vision Partners - Tempe Corporate Office
As a Senior Staff Accountant, you’ll provide direct support to the Assistant Controller and contribute in all facets of general accounting. You will collaborate with members of the general ledger team to implement process improvements and support the day-to-day operations including cash management, balance sheet reconciliation and related journal entries, inter-company transactions and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in the monthly GL close, review P&L
- Research variances to budget, forecast, and prior months
- Provide variance explanations to management
- Prepare, code and record journal entries in G/L (Great Plains) as appropriate.
- Map and record transactions from trial balances and bank activity from acquired practices.
- General ledger maintenance
RECONCILIATIONS AND AD-HOC
- Manage and prepare assigned reconciliations.
- Support balances with source data.
- Meet with management to explain fluctuations or large balances
- Create or improve accounting reports
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management
- Summarize department spending in pivot tables
- Assist with annual audit, deliver requests and provide support
- Collaborate with FP&A team during annual budget cycles.
- Identify and present solutions for process improvements
- Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of practical general ledger account experience in a public accounting or managerial accounting environment.
- Demonstrates computer literacy
- Great Plains, Management Reporter, Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook; experience with high volume; excellent data entry skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- CPA or equivalent certification a plus
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!