FeaturedVP of Clinic Operations- Tempe
- Posted: 12 October 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
VP, Clinic Operations
American Vision Partners- Tempe, AZ
As the Vice President of Clinic Operations, you'll be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all patient care operations and ensuring operational success. You'll be based out of the Tempe Corporate Office and will require some travel to our clinics.
- Responsible for oversight of the overall operations of clinics within assigned scope, including operational, clinical, technical, regulatory, growth, and P&L management.
- Oversees the development of policies, procedures, programs, protocols and systems, to provide a safe, efficient and medically appropriate patient encounter that will improve the organization's quality and effectiveness of patient outcomes.
- Attracts, retains, and develops highly skilled people in the pursuit of building a high performance culture.
- Delegates authority and responsibility to regional directors. Develops improved management techniques and practices.
- Resolves operational problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high productivity.
- Ensures compliance with personnel policies and procedures to protect the employer, employees and the organization.
- Addresses employee problems and concerns, when appropriate, in order to achieve an improved rate of employee satisfaction and performance.
- Coordinates with the marketing team on the development of the patient base through an effective marketing plan and a customer relations program by conducting periodic surveys and recommending improved procedures to meet or exceed the appropriate expectations of patients, physicians and staff.
- Identify top growth priorities. Assist in analyzing the feasibility of special situations or opportunities for the territory – i.e. acquisitions, DeNovos, and new providers. Responsible for the implementation of these strategic growth initiatives.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors direct reports. Fosters development of strong relationships between direct reports and providers.
- Assists regional directors with developing plans for community outreach, building and maintaining referring doctor relationships, and other efforts to increase growth.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient, staff, and organizational proprietary information by developing, instituting, and monitoring policies to protect the privacy and rights of those entities.
- Resolves any medical-administrative problems, and keeps lines of communication open with staff and doctors to ensure alignment and high employee morale.
- Responsible for achieving financial targets to include budget, labor and supply costs, and expenditures at assigned clinics.
- Works with team toward the achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual projections based on clinical, financial and management objectives.
- Resolves problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Provides leadership in the conception, planning, development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Promotes individual and organizational integrity by exhibiting ethical behavior to maintain high standards for the organization and its affiliates.
- Advances personal knowledge base by pursuing continuing education and credentialing in order to enhance professional competence.
- Serves as a member of the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement and Compliance committees.
- Uphold management goals of corporation by leading staff in team concepts and promoting a teamwork.
- Effectively communicates expectations; accepts accountability and holds others accountable for performance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Vice President of Clinic Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration, or related field is required.
- Five to ten years of progressive healthcare and/or medical group operations experience; eye care or similar provider services experience preferred.
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with peers and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with physicians.
- Demonstrated ability to bring exceptional business acumen and creativity to the management of our clinics.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of highly motivated and integrated leadership and operations teams.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and lead a high performing team and build and maintain a positive and energetic culture within an organization.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills; strong presentation skills.
- High empathy and good listening skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to manage for results.
- Dedication to high quality patient care.
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Master’s degree (MBA, MHA, or related degree) preferred. Combination of education, specialty certifications and experience in related area will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience in working with or operating a contact or call center, with the objective of scheduling appointments and fielding inbound referrals.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness, and financial future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.