Retina Team - Travel
- Posted: 10 August 2022
- Sun City, AZ, USA
Chandler, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Glendale, AZ, USA
Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
Barnet Dulaney Perkins; Travel to all BDP Locations
As a member of the Retina Team, you’ll gather important medical information from the patient and perform preliminary tests under the direction of the provider. You’ll also scribe as well as perform photography, injections and OCT’s.
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- Keeps doctors’ rooms filled to ensure clinic patient flow
- Obtains patient histories through intake assessments, making note of findings in EHR
- Scribes the provider’s dictated findings into the patient’s electronic health record
- Generates medication prescriptions, as directed from the provider, through Erx
- Performs photography as ordered by the physician for documentation, diagnosis, and treatment of ocular pathology following standard protocol
- Maintains inventory of photography supplies
- Performs OCT’s as ordered by the physician for documentation, diagnosis and treatment
- Responsible for injections of fluorescein angiogram dye, including preparing and drawing up of syringe
- Triages incoming calls for potential retina emergencies and advises physician of patient’s signs and symptoms to determine when a patient should be seen
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Reviews schedules for the provider to ensure patients are scheduled correctly and reports any issues to management in a timely manner
- Generates letters for referring providers, E-faxing and monitoring fax statuses
- Maintains exam rooms, including cleaning/sterilization as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 1-year of experience as Ophthalmology Assistant/Technician preferred
- COA, COT is a plus
- Current certification in ophthalmology photography preferred
- Knowledge of sterile techniques
- Detail oriented; reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
- Ability to travel to locations as needed- travel time and mileage are paid benefits!
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.