Revenue Cycle Management Manager of Acquisitions and Business Systems - Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 12 June 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Revenue Cycle Management Manager of Acquisitions and Business Systems
American Vision Partners – Phoenix Biltmore; Travel to AVP locations as needed
As a Manager of Acquisitions and Business Systems, you will be responsible for supervising the RCM acquisition team which provides RCM support to newly acquired practices which may include full service revenue cycle or insurance follow up services. This role will be responsible for ensuring that insurance claims are paid accurately and in a timely manner. Responsibilities may include patient aging and legacy aging related to acquisitions. Ensures that A/R targets for acquisition-based A/R is meeting established goals.
We also expect all AVP leaders to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to encourage different ideas.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and patients.
- Manages staff and performs productivity and accuracy audits and ensures that department policies are followed.
- Routinely reports out key performance indicators to leadership and manages team accordingly to ensure targeted metrics are met. Provides action plans for improvement where needed.
- Participates in the hiring and supervision of department staff. Ensures that department policies are fairly administered by overseeing corrective action process, mentoring and coaching employees.
- Performs new hire and ongoing training for Acquisition team members.
- Reviews and approves requests from the insurance team for adjustments and refunds.
- Maintains positive leadership and gives frequent performance feedback, and encourages two-way participation and ideas.
- Reviews and trends insurance denials to identify root cause and provide recommendations on workflow modifications and denial resolution.
- Produces productivity and other requested reports for the department manager.
- Prioritize work to maximize turn-around time.
- Supervises the team to ensure meet or exceed productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Supervises responsibilities may include overseeing team members that answers and responds to external and internal phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of payer billing requirements and reimbursement policies.
- Oversees and sometimes performs the daily job duties of subordinate positions when needed.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Conducts self in accordance with the company’s standard values and policies.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs, corporate and professional, to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background desired
- 2 years or more in a leadership role required
- Ability to sit for long periods. Work requires walking, bending, standing, sitting, and reaching
- Strong background and experience in Revenue Cycle Management.
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies.
- Demonstrated ability working in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot table).
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.