Ophthalmic Scribe OD Bilingual - Tucson (5th St)
- Posted: 10 August 2022
- Tucson, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Ophthalmic Scribe OD (Bilingual)
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center- Tucson 5th St. ; travel to other South Region Locations
- Scribes for the provider by coding and documenting the dictated information into the patient’s electronic medical record (EHR)
- Reviews patient visit details and preliminary work-up completed by Ophthalmic Technician to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to the provider exam
- Fills patient rooms as needed
- Reviews provider’s schedules to confirm patients are scheduled correctly
- Ensures the patient’s visit flows smoothly with the provider in the appropriate amount of time
- Generates medication prescriptions as directed from the provider through Erx
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Performs pretests including Goldmann Tonometry, extra-ocular muscle evaluation, confrontational visual fields, refractions, and lensometry as needed
- Communicates any clinic flow concerns with facilitator and management
- High School Diploma or GED required
- COA, COT preferred
- Bilingual highly preferred
- Ophthalmology experience is a plus
- General knowledge of clinical and surgical procedure requirements
- Strong computer skills
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday through Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.