Surgery Scrub Technician - Phoenix (Biltmore)
- Posted: 27 February 2019
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Surgery Scrub Technician
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Phoenix ASC and travel to Sun City and Mesa locations as needed
As a Surgery Scrub Technician, your strong detail orientation and multi-tasking skills will be valuable in our fast-paced, high-volume environment. You will utilize your knowledge and skills to support all surgeries including pre-op preparation, patient transportation, sterilization, patient discharge, as well as other support duties.
- Prepares operating room for surgery, including gathering equipment and supplies, ensuring the operating room is in working order and sterilized for surgery
- Assists with washing, shaving and disinfecting of the surgical site
- Sets up and maintains the sterile field maintaining sterile technique at all times
- Assists with draping, sponging, retracting, passing sterile instruments and sterile supplies to the surgeon, cut sutures, and perform other duties as requested by the surgeon
- Supports the surgeon by anticipating needs and have all necessary equipment and instruments available
- Assists in the care or disposal of specimens and wound dressing
- Helps with the transfer of the patient to and from the operating room
- Supports the front desk with answering phones, pulling charts, and other clerical tasks as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program
- Experience working in a surgical environment; Ophthalmology experience is a plus
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule Monday through Friday
- Ability to travel to Sun City and Mesa ASC locations as needed - mileage is a paid benefit!
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.