Vice President, Growth and Strategy
- Posted: 30 January 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners
Tempe Admin Office
As the Vice President, Growth and Strategy you will lead and design the growth and strategy initiative across the organizations. This includes driving the planning process, collaborating with all departments, and acting as a trusted advisor to the Executive Leadership team and all associated stakeholders.
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and patients.
- Leads strategic planning group to execute initiatives, including analysis, oversight and support for solution development. Works closely with senior leadership to formulate and execute business strategic plans.
- Sets vision to identify strategic plan and/or specific initiatives to achieve business goals.
- Develops, manages, and implements the organic growth initiatives.
- Defines, monitors, and uses metrics to assess performance and continuously improve the line of business. Monitors progress towards goals and recommends modifications to the plan as needed to achieve business objectives. Addresses and resolves breakdowns as necessary to ensure support of strategic initiatives.
- Drives critical business discussions to identify strengths and opportunities and ensures strategic issues are addressed. Provides insight and thought leadership. Leverages strong partnerships with key decision makers to ensure cross-business and cross-functional alignment and synergy.
- Builds winning teams by providing effective leadership, management and development of employees.
- Understand and shape the company's strategy and mission while also monitoring and analyzing industry trends and market changes.
- Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy
- Provide support and insight into significant organizational changes (e.g. shift in strategic focus, mergers and acquisitions).
- Construct forecasts and analytical models and use that data to make recommendations to Senior Leadership in regards to project prioritization.
- Oversees the strategic development and execution of our Outreach department.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Lean Process and Project Management certifications required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years industry experience with at least four (4) of those in a Senior Leadership role.
- Multi-Site experience required. Healthcare experience highly preferred.
- Experience assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities
- Knowledge of the how's and why's of preparing and justifying business cases and value propositions; ability to justify business expenditures by identifying cost, benefits, ROI, opportunities, and risks
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
- Proven ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
- Natural aptitude from creative problem solving and creative thinking
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.