Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Engineer - Tempe/Mesa
- Posted: 28 January 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Engineer
American Vision Partners - Tempe & Mesa Corporate Offices
The Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Engineer considers, plans, and implements strategic process improvements, including developing technology- based solutions and operations initiatives consistent with business objectives. Candidate must exhibit leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology and organizational change to achieve results.
- Guiding teams through problem definition, issue identification, and work plan development using problem solving principles and past experience
- Develop program logic for new applications & modify logic in existing applications
- Maintain, test, and integrate application components, while ensuring security and integrity of systems and data
- Facilitate collaborative efforts to define targeted organization processes, capabilities, application of key technologies, and performance measurements
- Developing Project Charters, Project Schedules, Process Maps, and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Design, test and deploy business solutions
- Monitor achievement of strategic, financial and operational benefits, ensuring planned business outcomes are achieved and helping to adjust programs if necessary
- Outstanding knowledge of available Call Center technology and modernization techniques
- Working understanding of throughput and evaluating constraints
- Additional duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; or High School Diploma and equivalent years of experience required
- Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt preferred; or equivalent project experience
- 5+ years of SQL/T-SQL experience including creating data structures & writing stored procedures
- 5+ years of experience analyzing data, identifying trends, and advising business operations of the finds
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Access and Excel
- 4 + years of .Net and/or Visual Basic / VBA programming experience
- Experience gathering user requirements and implementing custom solutions/reports to meet those requirements
- Knowledge of best practices for software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines in a changing environment
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.