Patient AR Specialist - Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 22 February 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Patient A/R Specialist
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix-Biltmore
As a Patient A/R Specialist, you'll collects payments for an assigned segment of the Accounts Receivable and perform collection duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations. The Patient A/R Specialist is responsible for answering inbound patient phone calls and assisting with patient account questions.
- Follows-up with patients and ensures outstanding balances are paid
- Makes calls to and takes calls from patients, discussing their account in detail
- Ensures that patient statements are sent with accurate information on a daily basis
- Works accounts for external collection action, after all other avenues of internal collection action has been exhausted
- Take payments over the phone from patients as well as make payment arrangements if needed
- Researches and prepares patient credits and coordinates with accounting to process approved refunds
- Process bankruptcy notices according to company policy
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement
- Performs all other assigned duties
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background is a plus
- Working knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines, and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer and math skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.