Oculoplastics Team Lead - North Scottsdale
- Posted: 11 August 2022
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Oculoplastics Team Lead
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center/American Vision Partners - North Scottsdale; travel to all locations
As our Oculoplastics Team Lead, you will serve as the Lead Technician for the Oculoplastic Technician/Scribe team. Your main responsibilities will be to ensure that all patent testing is appropriately scheduled, performed and documented, all supplies ordered, and physician clinic appointments are scheduled correctly.
- Performs patient work-ups, as required by most senior level clinical staff, as needed
- Answer patient questions and telephone inquiries, but not limited to attaining resolutions to patient problems
- Act as surgeon scribe
- Assist with office procedures, injections, and other clinical procedures as needed
- Determine which patient should be taken next from the waiting room to be seen
- Maintain a smooth flow of patients
- Maintain inventory levels of all clinic supplies and materials for the team; order all supplies when needed
- Follow up on insurance verifications/auth status as needed
- Look ahead at provider schedules and make adjustments as needed
- Provide back-up support to other technicians
- Assist in the development of training materials for technician staff
- Participate in training of new oculoplastic techs and scribes
- Act as a resource to tech/scribe team members
- Perform other tasks as required
- Certified COA or COT preferred.
- Experience in supervision of clinical operations preferred.
- Working knowledge of all aspects regarding ophthalmic care.
- Demonstrated skills in motivating and training professional staff
- Minimum of 1 year working as an/a OA/Scribe in Oculoplastics specialty preferred
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral.
- Ability to manage multiples projects simultaneously.
- Personal, empathetic with patients' needs
- Well organized with attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Ability work as a team member and practice teamwork
- Ability to train and mentor other technicians/scribes and assist in their ongoing development.
- Availability to travel to all BDP clinics, including Flagstaff
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.