Payment Posting Specialist - Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 15 June 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
We are currently looking for a Payment Posting Specialist for our Phoenix-Biltmore office! As the Payment Posting Specialist, you'll accurately post payments, adjustments and charges received on a daily basis.
- Accurately post transaction (payments and adjustments) from various sources on a daily basis. Payment sources include Electronic Remittances, paper checks and EOB's, patients, collection agencies, capitation plans, Care Credit and Patient Portals.
- Adheres closely to the department's payment reconciliation process.
- Prioritizes work to maximize turn-around time.
- Back-up for Charge Posters if needed.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Maintain an error rate in accordance with departmental policy.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement.
- Answer and respond to external and internal phone calls in a timely manner.
- Check and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background is a plus
- Working knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer and math skills
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.