Technician Team Lead - Surprise
- Posted: 20 July 2021
- Surprise, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Ophthalmic Assistant - Team Lead
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Surprise
As an Ophthalmic Assistant Team Lead, you’ll assist the Clinic Manager supervision of ophthalmic assistants and technicians and generate important preliminary information to be used by the physician. You’ll also be responsible for reviewing patient status and performing medical tests under the direction of the physician.
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- Obtains patient histories through intake assessments, making note of findings in EHR
- Performs visual acuity, auto-refraction, manual and automated lensometry, Goldmann and Tonopen tonometry tests and keratometry on patients
- Checks pupils, extra-ocular muscles, confrontational fields and inserts eye drops for dilation
- Runs diagnostic tests such as Immersion A-scan, OCTs and Visual Fields
- Administers color vision, depth perception and Schirmer’s tear testing as needed
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Monitors E-faxes and Erx’s to ensure failed attempts are managed timely
- Maintains exam rooms, including cleaning/sterilization as necessary
- Scribes for the provider(s) when able, to help the flow and minimize clinic delays
- In conjunction with the Clinic Manager: sets, monitors and evaluates goals, assists in preparation and documentation of reviews, interviews, hires, supervises, counsels, appraises, and recommends salary increases for back office personnel.
- Assists with scheduling back office staff assignments and oversees efficient patient flow
- Meets with the Clinic Manager on a regular basis to discuss operational needs
- Assists with training back office employees to include, but not limited to, navigation in EHR, MIPS, coding/documentation requirements, provider preferences in the technician work-up and Out-Patient Treatment Center policies and procedures
- Conducts technician quarterly chart audits, and in conjunction with the Clinic Manager, reviews findings with staff and helps in the development of a plan of action when coding/documentation is not meeting standards
- Knowledgeable on the provider(s) schedules/templates and able to identify potential concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- COA, COT is a plus
- At least 1-year of Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Detail oriented; reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.