ASC Trainer - Travel
- Posted: 19 May 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
American Vision Partners – Tempe; Travel to all AVP ASC Locations
As an ASC Trainer, you will be responsible for the ongoing training of ASC staff as assigned.
- Able to perform all ASC tech functions.
- Helps to develop best practice workflows and collaborates with leadership to develop training materials.
- Works with the Senior ASC Trainer to coordinate ongoing training for ASC techs.
- Assists People Services and/or ASC Managers with coordination of training classes for Scrub Tech new hires.
- Administers, organizes, and conducts ASC training programs for all AVP ASC locations for scrub techs, surgery assists, instrument turnover techs and decontamination techs.
- Assists with materials for new training programs; reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposed programs, and recommends appropriate changes.
- Assists outside vendors with coordination and participation in administering various training programs.
- Prepares and distributes training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms and visual aids.
- Maintains and tracks employee training attendance, records and logs.
- Coordinates new provider onboarding as it relates to preference card management.
- Fosters development of strong relationships between the surgery center staff, clinic staff and providers.
- Makes recommendation and participates in the orientation process for new hires and ensures documentation of the same.
- Works closely with ASC leadership to ensure standardization of business practices across the AVP platform.
- Assists with the development, revision and implementation of ASC policies and procedures to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and current standards of practice.
- Facilitates change and serves as a role model in adapting to and implementing AVP’s change management philosophies.
- Communicates specific certification programs to all ASC Technicians and maintains awareness of new certification that are available to AVP ASC techs and communicates accordingly.
- Assists in the resolution of operational problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high productivity.
- Communicates employee problems and concerns, when appropriate, to management in order to achieve an improved rate of teammate satisfaction and performance.
- Responds to the needs of others through effective communication, mutual respect and consistent follow through in order to generate trust and enhance personal effectiveness.
- Participates in performance evaluations, when asked, to help assess training needs.
- Promotes individual and organizational integrity by exhibiting ethical behavior to maintain high standards for the organization and its constituents.
- Advances personal knowledge base by pursuing continuing education and credentialing in order to enhance professional competence.
- Encourages a team-oriented environment supporting the AVP Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Knowledgeable on the provider(s) schedules/templates and able to identify potential concerns.
- Knows, understands and follows the professional, teamwork and customer service standards.
- Travel required as based on the needs of the ASC’s.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers, patients and visitors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 5-years as a scrub tech with an emphasis in ophthalmology and/or in a training position.
- Current certification as a Certified Scrub Tech or higher.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Experience in Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Patient service oriented.
- Ability to travel between surgery centers within the AVP organization.
- This is a Safety Sensitive position
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.