Bilingual Ophthalmic Scribe- Las Cruces
- Posted: 07 May 2020
- Las Cruces, NM, USA
We are making a difference in our patients’ lives every day!
Southwestern Eye Center is currently seeking a full-time Ophthalmic Technician/Scribe for our Las Cruces location. This position is responsible for obtaining information from the provider during the examination, performing pretests and assisting with patient visit flow. This position may travel to our South region as needed.
- Scribes for the provider by entering the dictated information into the electronic medical record or paper chart.
- Fills patient rooms. Reviews visit to ensure completeness and accuracy. Corrects any issues prior to the provider entering the room.
- Able to perform pretests including Goldmann Tonometry, extra-ocular muscle evaluation, confrontational visual fields, refractions, and lensometry including aseptic technique for minor procedure set up.
- Ensures the patient’s visit flows smoothly with the provider and the visit takes the appropriate amount of time.
- Responsible for ensuring that the care slip is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for the proper scheduling of patients with physicians.
- Communicates any clinic flow concerns with the facilitator and management.
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies.
- Participates in on-going training and continuing education.
- Able to educate patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent patients for procedures and surgery.
- Provides excellent customer service and patient care.
- Performs any and all additional duties as assigned.
- Have high school diploma or GED preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Previous experience as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Certified Ophthalmic Technician is preferred
- Prior experience working up patients in an ophthalmology or optometry office is required
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Southwestern Eye Center offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, significant eye care discounts, continuing education allowances, 401(k), and many other exciting benefits programs for our most valuable asset- our people!