Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Flagstaff (Per Diem)
- Posted: 02 December 2019
- Flagstaff, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Per Diem)
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Flagstaff Clinic; Occasional travel to Sedona Clinic
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for completing a comprehensive medical history and physical assessment in accordance with applicable state health and safety laws and standards of practice.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Prior experience is preferred but not required
- Current unrestricted license with Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Board Certification as Family Nurse Practitioner
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Timely, appropriate and concise communication that facilitates continuity of care
- Accurate, complete and legible documentation
- Knowledge of basic and specialty-specific medicine
- Knowledge and understanding of obtaining a thorough medical history
- Knowledge and understanding of physical examination requirements for surgical patients
- Knowledge and understanding of patient rights
- Function calmly and efficiently in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently as well as function as an integral member of the clinical team
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.