Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (PRN) - Flagstaff/Sedona
- Posted: 28 January 2022
- Flagstaff, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (Per Diem)
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Flagstaff/Sedona; Travel to Lake Havasu, Show Low, and Phoenix Metro if needed
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for completing a comprehensive medical history and physical assessment in accordance with applicable state health and safety laws and standards of practice.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Prior experience is preferred but not required
- Current unrestricted license with Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Board Certification as Family Nurse Practitioner
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Timely, appropriate and concise communication that facilitates continuity of care
- Accurate, complete and legible documentation
- Knowledge of basic and specialty-specific medicine
- Knowledge and understanding of obtaining a thorough medical history
- Knowledge and understanding of physical examination requirements for surgical patients
- Knowledge and understanding of patient rights
- Function calmly and efficiently in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently as well as function as an integral member of the clinical team
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.