Revenue Cycle Patient Access Trainer - Phoenix (Biltmore)
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 18 December 2019
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Revenue Cycle Patient Access Trainer
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix (Biltmore)
As a Revenue Cycle Patient Access Trainer, you’ll provide online and in person training to Clinic and ASC locations as well as the Call Center. You’ll be responsible for developing, designing, administering and managing the training programs to reduce and mitigate eligibility related denials and monitor the quality outcomes for patient registration. This position will be based out of the Phoenix home location and will require travel to all locations as needed - mileage is a paid benefit!
- Develops and maintains curricula such as lesson plans, manuals, and training materials
- Develops curricula and delivers end-user training for corresponding modules of Practice Management System, specializing in NextGen Practice Management module(s) for revenue cycle staff and other business systems impacting revenue cycle
- Prepares and delivers presentations in person and via web conference including demonstrations, train-the-trainer and end user classes, and special training courses as needed
- Educates others on correct patient access procedures, emphasizing the importance of highly accurate data entry and how erroneous information negatively impacts the entire revenue cycle
- Monitors and oversees the quality of information input into the practice management system during the process of scheduling, pre-registration, registration, and check-out processes
- Identifies and develops competencies for staff, holding in-service training sessions as needed, and updating Supervisors and Managers of their employees' skill after each training session
- Provides ongoing feedback to managers, supervisors and staff on quality outcomes.
- Identifies areas of focus, issues, and trends to make improvements to overall denial rate for front end related denials
- Monitors and reports to leadership metrics for eligibility related denials including escalating issues as appropriate
- Identifies any potential opportunities to increase workflow efficiency through the use of electronic transactions or business systems
- Assists in creating and maintaining master patient build in the training environment to support training and testing initiatives related to system upgrades
- Acts as a designated super user for practice management system
- Keeps up-to-date on the following knowledge areas: revenue Cycle workflows, revenue cycle software system upgrades and enhancements, clinic department operations including front office and call center, Medicare regulations and commercial billing guidelines, NextGen systems patient access and revenue cycle systems, all eligibility systems utilized
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required. BA/BS in Business Administration, Healthcare, Education, Finance or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in revenue cycle management (patient financial services/patient access) or as a trainer/educator in a healthcare environment, to include both classroom delivery and instructional design
- Demonstrated knowledge of revenue cycle applications is required
- Previous experience working in a front office and/or patient registration department is a plus
- Proven leader with the ability to motivate others and success in revenue cycle training
- Familiarity with NextGen Practice Management preferred
- Experience with Electronic Health Record systems or other software implementation training programs
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of denials including root cause analysis, CPT, HCPCS, and diagnosis coding
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial payer guidelines, and HIPAA Rules & Regulations
- Understands the complexities of health insurance plans and the relationship between health plans e.g., Medicare, Commercial Insurance, Blue Cross, Worker's Compensation, and self-pay
- Experience working in MS Office Suite, to include Excel (advanced formulas, pivot table)
- Effective and polished presentation skills, and training delivery skills; ability to prioritize focus on topics based on audience level and time allotted
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong customer serviced focus
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to travel to all locations as needed – mileage is a paid benefit!
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.