Surgery Counselor - Sierra Vista
- Posted: 14 September 2022
- Sierra Vista, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Southwestern Eye Center - Sierra Vista
As a Surgery Counselor, you'll be responsible for assisting the patient with all aspects of the surgery process and pre-operative preparations in order to make the surgical experience as smooth as possible for the patient.
- Schedules all patient surgeries and pre-operative appointments, including those with the patient’s referring physician, surgical facility, ophthalmologist or technician
- Builds relationships with patients, educate patients regarding lens and technology options, overcome objections and close surgical packages
- Prepares surgical charts, labels documents with appropriate surgical paperwork per ASC Coordinator specifications
- Acts as an effective liaison between the patient, surgeon, referring physician, and the surgical facility in all aspects of pre-operative preparations
- Collects all pertinent information for upcoming surgery, such as bookings, lens orders, insurance, and H&Ps and signed consent forms, and transfer to surgical facility.
- Aids patients in obtaining financing if needed
- Schedules post-operative appointments as appropriate
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of company’s services and procedures, and communicates to patients in a way designed to earn patient’s trust and business
- Answer all telephone inquiries from patients, their families, or referring physicians concerning surgery
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred
- At least one-year of experience in a medical practice; refractive, surgical, aesthetic, or ophthalmology specialties preferred
- Ambition, high energy, and determination required
- Demonstrated sales skills and the drive to exceed goals and quotas
- Must be comfortable discussing financial options and presenting payment plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions within established protocols and with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.