Diagnostic Technician - Phoenix (Biltmore)
- Posted: 06 March 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Biltmore Phoenix Clinic
As a Diagnostic Technician, you’ll support our doctors and patients by performing diagnostic tests and providing information necessary for treatment while providing an exceptional patient experience.
- Fills patient rooms; walks patient to/from check-out when able
- Assesses patients’ vital signs and notates all findings into patient’s EHR
- Performs auto-refraction, manual and automated lensometry, OCTs, topography, fundus camera, visual fields, and A-scan testing as needed
- Monitors E-faxes and Erx’s to ensure at a “Sent” status
- Answers patients questions through the portal
- Cleans patient exam rooms in relation to testing and equipment
- Stocks supplies and places orders with Purchasing to maintain current stock requirements
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, or military equivalent preferred
- CPR certification is a plus
- Experience working in a clinical environment - Ophthalmology experience is preferred
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.